Benefits of Motion Capture
Motion capture analysis is definitely the most accurate option when considering methods of bike fit (such as static measurements, or static metrics). Retül hardware offers the practitioner absolute control and accuracy for the data used as the evidence to diagnose and manipulate the client and their position.
Retul is the global leader in Bicycle Fitting Technology and Solutions. The Dynamic 3D motion capture bike fit system coupled with the Retul Muve Dynamic Fit bike and software solutions such as Retul’s Frame Finder are best-in-class products. In addition, Retul maintains a world leading bike fit education network called Retul University that offers hands on classes around practical bike fitting techniques using the latest technology.
Retül creates bike fit tools and technology to help cyclists increase comfort and improve performance on their bikes. Local rider Julie Emmerman and British pro triathlete Tim Don share how their Retül experiences have impacted their riding and racing
The Retül Fit Process
Every bike fitter is unique in his or her experience and specialties. Service offerings, pricing and the length of a fit appointment depend on the individual fitter and business, and each business utilizing Retül technology operates independently from Retül Headquarters.
Our goal is that every fitter using Retül technology has the most accurate and comprehensive bike fit data to help make better fit decisions. A great fit will allow the rider to experience more comfort and better performance on his or her bike, or buy a new bike with full confidence in selecting the right model and size.
Retül provides comprehensive bike fit training and continuing education through Retül University. Fitters have the option to complete Level 1 training, Level 2 training and Retül Certification to enhance their knowledge of bike fit principles and Retül tools and technology.
- The fitter conducts an initial physical assessment of the rider, and at this point can address the rider’s concerns about performance, pain, or any other issues the rider hopes to alleviate during the bike fit.
- LED markers are strategically placed on eight anatomical points of the rider: the wrist, elbow, shoulder, hip, knee, ankle, heel, and toe.
- As the rider pedals, Retül’s sensor bar gathers real-time, three-dimensional data of the rider’s pedal strokes and movements.
- Retül’s rotating platform allows the fitter to collect data for both sides of the rider without the rider leaving the bike.
- The rider’s data is compiled into a reader-friendly report for analysis by the fitter. The fitter can then assess the rider’s position and make necessary adjustments.
- The Zin, Retül’s handheld digitizer, allows the fitter to digitally measure the rider’s bike at 13-15 points, depending on the bike. The Zin can measure fixed points, contours, and curves, and provides a complete digital map of the bike.
- The fit information is saved and stored on the fitter’s computer.
- The data includes the rider’s personal profile, measurements from the fit, bike measurements, and the rider’s final fit position.
- The fitter will be able to access and print these records for comparison and tracking of historical fit data for the client.